Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sunophobia

I am sure many of us would have come across situations, where you want a person to shut up but he/she goes on without your participation?? They want you to hear their tale and understand the level of their frustration.

My roomie wanted to quit her current company and join a MNC for better prospects. I encouraged her and said “Ha ha, bindas quit kar de. This is the right time, do it”
Next day she puts down her paper and her project rolls out an onsite opportunity. She was not considered since her papers are down… :( “Frustration

My mom, it seems god has farced all sort of frustrations in her. “Your brother is useless, he flunked again. I don’t know what to do with him and your father is just not interested in listening to me.” “Frustration” Pause of 3 seconds and she starts again

“Look at your age, at this age I had two kids and you are still single. Your granny came yesterday and your chachi also along with her came your mami and…………… Please, speak to your brother. He is in 12th and if he flunks in his final, I don’t what will happen to his career………………………” “Frustration
This went on for almost 30 mins. I was quite and pitied my brother. Poor thing has to face her daily and thanked god for helping me get a job in Bangalore.

My possessive boy friend (a boy who is friend ok), “So you came early today. How come?? Don’t you guys have work?? Whom did you come with?? Why him?? How come he also finishes his work and leaves at the same time?? I think he is interested in you. You girls can find out all such things very easily right, don’t you understand his feelings for you. Oh is that you like men flattering you all the time??” “Frustration

I listened to his crap for almost 15 mins and finally broke my silence “Yes, we girls have six sense to tell us if a guy is interested or not. And my six sense is responding to nerves that you are the one fallen for me” “Frustration

You cannot ask this category of humans to stop because he/she is your best friend, mother, boy friend whatever. You wish to say “Shut up” but the good angel in you don’t wish to upset them.
These are just a few incidents at personal front. Well, professionally things are different. You have your manager nagging, your colleague cribbing about her mother in law/maid/husband, some one wanting to listen to his saga on how he approached his latest love and got rejected…

Some other Frustrations:
• In laws staying with us “Frustration
• Awful food at cafeteria “Frustration
• Traffic on Hosur road “Frustration
• Didn’t get good scores in CAT, MAT, FAT whatever “Frustration
• Colleague got onsite “Frustration
• No good hike “Frustration

After all these sufferings, my pitiable ears started to shout at me for making them bear all this and then my witty mind developed a new quality. I call it being in “Sunophobia“, your mind starts to work the moment you ears come across something unwanted from your dear ones.

It has been helpful..!!

1 comment: