Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ansh and cars, a love story..!

Motherhood sure is the most beautiful, time consuming, exhausting and never ending phase of life. What I meant is, it’s been 2 long years since I last posted something and I realize it only now. Anyways I am here today for an experiment that I am doing with my 2.5yr old son.

Ansh, my son is fascinated with vehicles (toys). It is starting to worry me now because each time he sees a toy car, be it on TV, with some other kid, in stores or in the books we read, he wants it. Worst thing is he could fall asleep only if he is holding his cars (replacement plushies backfired) and when he sleep talks it is only about cars and trucks, CRAZY..! 

I have tried all possible ways to help him overcome this but nothing seems to have helped. We bought the cars he wanted but after less than an hour he would want another and then another, it is never ending. I have tried to say no but that only bring tears in his eyes which I hate the most. Even tried explaining him how many cars he already has to making a deal that if he behaves I might think of buying a new one but nothing seem to have worked so far. And each time we visit a toy store I see myself as a warrior heading for a war that I am going to lose anyway. 

So after a lot of thinking I decided to find the source of this problem and I seem to have found a couple of them. First, I made his Ipad disappear because it has been giving him an access to all cars (movie and toys) videos and games. It has been 5 days now and I can see he is starting to forget it. Earlier each time he ate something he always wanted Ipad in front of him. But these days we have our lunch and dinner either discussing what we plan to do in the day or what we have done so far. Best part is he shifted his base from couch to the dining table while having meals. 

Second, just before starting to write this post I made all his toys esp. cars and trucks or I may say everything that has wheels disappear. His toy baskets are still there but they only have toys like animals, puzzles (no car puzzle though), blocks, balls, crayons, and paints. Tomorrow it’s going to be a long day because no access to wheelie toy means full access to mom. Well, if that helps him overcome his fascination I will be more than glad. 

Will come back soon with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment